The use of mobile internet is predicted to rise exponentially in the near future. The number of users that connect themselves to the internet with their mobile devices is further increased with the advance in technology: software and hardware, as well as the wider mobile network coverage with cheaper cost.
In the modern world today, mobile devices are impacting businesses at an astounding rate. With the mobile industry growing at an immense rate, almost everyone owns (at least) a cellphone, with more than half of them uses smartphones and/or tablets. And with Wi-Fi now available in many places, the internet is already becoming a part of everyone's life.
This ever-increasing use of mobile internet, calls for companies and business enterprise to create their own mobile sites as an advancement to their user-friendly regular website. It has become imperative to have a mobile optimized website for a successful business. Mobile websites are built to be faster to load, compatible with various mobile platforms from smartphones, tablets to other types of mobile devices.
With their dedicated mobile site, customers will be be able to access all the vital information about a business/company on–the-go. And with this advantage, customers will be able to reach the company/business whenever and wherever they want. This will give the company a way to stay in the line of business-to-technology competition.
Creating mobile sites has become easier these days with online website builder tools and applications and does not necessarily require prior coding and development expertise. Though an expert intervention may lend a great user experience to mobile version website.
A mobile version website can attracts a large number of users. These users, usually are people who do not have internet access on a regular computer. And people with great mobility also prefer to connect themselves to the internet with their handheld devices.
Mobile sites are usually a modified and optimized version of a regular website, in which only the vital contents, contact information are shown. Most mobile sites load fewer graphics, images and scripts. And without the request of these elements, mobile sites are meant lo load faster without giving any necessary additional charges to the user's carrier or network provider.
Businesses may get the most effective results and greater business leads while developing a mobile version of their site by the following guidelines:
- Vital parameters such as the screen sizes, images, graphics, browsers and connection speeds should always be kept in mind.
- Lesser content and navigation are the critical factors while designing a mobile version website. These can create a unique user experience and may increase business leads significantly.
- Certain add-on features such as SMS button, contact information and business location should also be added so that the user may have easy access to contact information.
- Mobile sites should work well on all smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
- Mobile version should be synchronized with the regular website. Changes made to the regular website (added, edited, deleted content) should be seen in both version of sites.
- Mobile sites, as an optimized version that have less design elements, should keep the brand image of a business in mind. Mobile version website should be a reflection of the regular website that is integrated with company graphics and logo.